In most waste heat boilers, the recovered heat is not used in the original process. In order to make the energy available for other use, it is transferred to a heat transfer media.
Heat transfer media
- Heat transfer fluid (thermal oil), based on mineral oils or as a synthetic fluid
- Water / Hot water (pressurized system) / Glycol
- Steam, saturated or superheated
The recovered energy can be used for various purposes.
Applications for waste heat:
- Heating of industrial processes e.g. drying processes
- Heating of buildings and other facilities
- Energy sale to a district heating system
- Energy saving in refrigeration processes
- Electric power generation in a steam turbine or an ORC process
WÜRZ waste heat boiler
can be found in clean or dusty flue gases of various origins.