Heat transfer media based on mineral oils have proven their suitability for the heating of industrial processes in everyday operation. They show high temperature stability and can be used in continuous operation without pressurization up to 300 degrees C.
For higher temperatures in the heat transfer media, synthetic heat transfer media is available.
Waste heat boiler for thermal oil can be operated at high inlet temperatures of the flue gas. They are particularly critical for flue gases with potentially corrosive elements and for applications with widely fluctuating heat input.
Heat exchangers for the thermal fluid (Heat transfer media):
- Thermal oil heater as radiant boiler / Convective boiler (flue gas cooler)
- Direct fired thermal oil heater (gas / oil / other fuels)
The fact that thermal oil can be used at low pressure and elevated temperature makes it the ideal heat exchange media for energy transport.
The energy in the oil can be converted to other forms of energy in other heat exchange media.
Heat exchangers for the use of the heat in thermal oil:
- Thermal oil heated water heaters
- Thermal oil heaters air heated
- Thermal oil heated steam generators